Terms of Service
Last updated: April 5, 2023
These are the Terms of Service ("Terms") for Gridlist. You must read and agree to these Terms before using Gridlist. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, you may not use Gridlist.
We will use some shorthand to make this easier to read: When we say "Gridlist" we mean the Gridlist website, API, and other related services. When we say "us", "our", or "we" we mean Gridlist LLC, a United States company. When we say "your content" we mean any information you submit or store on Gridlist services such as account name and library data.
We may modify these Terms at any time and subsequently revise the "Last updated" date at the top of this page. Your content and use of Gridlist are always subject to the current Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you must either stop using Gridlist or delete your account.
Gridlist is not for mature or illegal content.
- You may not post content showing graphic violence or gore
- You may not post pornography or sexually explicit content
- You may not post content where the focus is real-world guns, ammunition, or other weapons
- You may not post content where the focus is real-world drugs or controlled substances
- You may not post content that promotes or encourages illegal, harmful, or dangerous activities
- You may not post content where the focus is illegal activities such as drug use or gambling
Gridlist is not a platform for crime or deception.
- You may not use Gridlist to distribute malware
- You may not impersonate anyone on Gridlist, especially Gridlist staff
- You may not post pirated or copyrighted content on Gridlist. You may only post content that you created, own, or have the license to use
- You may not use Gridlist to attempt to commit any form of fraud
You may not interfere with the operation of Gridlist.
- You may not use or attempt to gain access to another user's account
- You may not place undue burden or load on Gridlist through the use of automated means
- You may not access or attempt to access data not intended for you
- You may not attempt to harm, disrupt, tamper with, limit, interrupt, or destroy the functionality or services of Gridlist
- You may not upload any data that contains malware or is designed to interfere with Gridlist
- You may not upload any data that contains destructive, harmful, or disruptive files or content
- You may not use Gridlist in any manner that restricts or interferes with any other person from using or enjoying Gridlist
- You may not expose us or other users to any liability or harm
Gridlist is for people at least 18 years old.
- You may not use Gridlist if you are under the age of 18
One account per person, and one account per team or company.
- You may operate at most one personal account on Gridlist
- You may create at most one professional account if you represent a company or team
Your Gridlist account belongs to you alone, and it is not shareable or transferable.
- You may not share access to a Gridlist account with other parties
- You may not sell, trade, or transfer ownership of your Gridlist account to another party
- You must provide a legitimate email address that you solely own and have access to if you register for an account
- You must update your account information about yourself, such as your email address, to keep it current and accurate within a reasonable time after any change to that data
Gridlist is not for advertising, trades, or sales.
- You may not use Gridlist to sell, offer, advertise, or trade any products or services
- You may not use Gridlist to advertise your store, company, or enterprise
- You may not use Gridlist to advertise, sell, or recommend stocks, bonds, public offerings, or any other securities-related trading services
- You may not use Gridlist to advertise, sell, or recommend cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), coin offerings (ICOs), or any other financial-based technologies and services
- You may not scrape Gridlist or solicit information from Gridlist users for the purposes of recruitment, headhunting, or job boards
- You may not use Gridlist to recruit or advertise for any uniformed service, corps, or military program
- You may not post political advertisements or hold a political campaign presence on Gridlist
Gridlist is not a platform for harassment or bigotry.
Gridlist strives to foster a welcoming community for users to collaborate on topics related to movies, TV shows, and video games.
- You may not distribute anyone's personal information or photograph without their consent
- You may not harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence against any individual or group
- You may not inflict unwelcome sexual attention or sexual advances on other users
- You may not disparage any group of people based on age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, sexual identity, or sexual orientation
- You may confidentially report instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior to the Gridlist team by contacting us
Failure to comply has consequences.
If you fail to adhere to these rules for acceptable use, we may (but do not have to) take any of the following actions:
- We may issue you a warning
- We may suspend or delete your account
- We may restrict your future access to Gridlist
- We may report any illegal activity to appropriate law enforcement authorities
Gridlist is the final arbiter for these rules. The Gridlist team may have to take actions or make decisions about acceptable behavior that lie outside of these guidelines to protect Gridlist or other users. You agree that the Gridlist team is the final arbiter of appropriate behavior on our services, and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate anyone's access to Gridlist for any reason at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
Gridlist offers paid services. Subscribers or donors are granted access to features only available to paying customers.
Gridlist reserves the right to change the cost or availability of paid features at any time.
There are multiple ways to pay. You may opt to pay for services using a credit or debit card, when available. Your subscription may also be paid for as part of a patronage or other related account on a third-party website such as Patreon, when that option is available.
Payments are not refundable. If you cancel your subscription, downgrade your plan, delete your account, or have your access restricted for violating our rules, no partial refunds will be issued for any unused features or unused periods of service. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made to this policy.
Gratis accounts exist at Gridlist's pleasure. In some situations, a paid account may be provided to you free of charge by the Gridlist team. This scenario will be clearly communicated in your account settings. Free accounts of this nature are provided for as long as we deem our relationship with you beneficial. We may revoke your gratis account status at any time for any reason.
We store payment information off-site. Gridlist stores credit and debit card information with our payment processor, Stripe. Gridlist stores our patron information with Patreon and Buy Me a Coffee.
Links to External Websites
Gridlist may include links to third-party websites for your convenience. We are not responsible for the content of any external website. We do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any content on those websites. The inclusion of any website link on Gridlist does not constitute an endorsement or approval by us. Clicking on external links is at your own risk and subject to the terms of service and privacy policies of the linked website. If you have any concerns about a linked website, service, or resource, you should contact that website's owner or operator.
You still own your content. You retain ownership of all content you post on Gridlist. However, by posting your content, you grant Gridlist a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to access, use, transform, and display your content. We use this license to operate Gridlist services. We display, cache, and retransmit your content, and we may store it redundantly on computer hardware. This license ends when you delete the material or your account.
Gridlist sources its movie and TV data from TMDB, and its video game data from IGDB. More information can be found on our About page. TMDB and IGDB both utilize crowdsourcing for data contributions. We do our best to present the data exactly as we receive it from these sources. If you notice any mistakes, errors, or have any issues with the data, you may edit the data through the respective sources. We reserve the right to modify or fix any of that data at any time.
By default, Gridlist hides adult content that is categorized by TMDB. If you register for a Gridlist account, you may opt to show all content. Here are links that detail TMDB's process and classifications:
However, sometimes movie, TV, or person entries are not categorized correctly, and there may be adult content that appears even if you have not opted into showing all content.
Limitation of Liability
This section limits our obligations to you. We do our best to provide you with a reliable and evolving service and to avoid unfortunate events.
Gridlist is provided on an “AS-IS” basis
- We may modify or terminate any aspect, feature, or functionality of Gridlist at any time, with or without notice
- Gridlist may have periods of broken functionality
Gridlist is provided on an “AS-AVAILABLE” basis
- Gridlist may have periods of downtime, outages, or slow activity
- Gridlist may have periods of scheduled or emergency maintenance
- We may restrict access to, modify, limit, suspend, or terminate any or all services provided by Gridlist at any time, with or without notice
You use Gridlist at your own risk
- You agree with and understand the above conditions under which Gridlist is provided "AS-IS" and "AS-AVAILABLE"
- You agree that we may accidentally lose, delete, or modify your data
- You agree that we do not owe you any compensation for any reason, including but not limited to, broken functionality, downtime, outages, slow activity, data loss, software bugs, inconveniences, or our failure to live up to any statement in this document
- You agree that you will not hold us liable for damages of any kind, including but not limited to personal, financial, data, or competitive damages, arising from your use of Gridlist
Gridlist is owned and operated in the United States. You are solely responsible for confirming that the laws and regulations of the country or state from which you use Gridlist permit you to use Gridlist. If you access Gridlist from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with all local and federal laws. We reserve the right to modify, limit, or exclude Gridlist access in any location.
If any legitimate liability does exist on our end, whether related to breach of contract, negligence, or otherwise, our total liability will not exceed the total amount paid by the user during the last six months preceding the event that gave rise to any claim.
You assume full responsibility for any legal issues that may arise as a result of your use of Gridlist.
You agree to indemnify, defend (at our option), and hold us and our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, expenses, damages, liabilities, and costs, including but not limited to attorneys' fees and court costs, arising from your: use of this website; violation of these Terms; negligence, willful misconduct, or fraud; violation of any applicable law; or infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
If you have questions or concerns about these Terms, please don't hesitate to contact us.